No credential popup during Outlook configuration
While configuring an outlook client, I received the following message and no popup to enter my credentials.
Create two DWORD values at: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity
- DisableAADWAM => value 1
- DisableADALatopWAMOverride => value 1
Intune: Update rings for Windows 10 and later
Intune: Import Administrative Template
Import administrative templates in Intune.
- Surf to: Devices – Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
- Select the admx and corresponding adml file
Error: “The upload of this ADMX file has failed. To continue, you will need to delete this upload, address the action in the error details and try again.”
Details: ADMX file referenced not found NamespaceMissing:Microsoft.Polcies.Windows. Please upload first
- Download the latest Administrative Templates (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/104593)
- Open the msi file (for example with 7-zip)
- Using the previous steps import windows.admx with the corresponding adml file
Exchange Online: Save Sent Items in Shared Mailbox
Sent items are default not saved to the sent items folder of the shared mailbox, with following commands you can save a copy to the sent items folder of the shared mailbox.
First, login to exchange online with powershell (https://www.productivv.be/2022/12/01/powershell-exchange-online-commands/)
Set-Mailbox <shared mailbox> -MessageCopyForSentAsEnabled $true